May 25, 2007

See Me See Wahala O

I would normally have taken this to "Dear Passion" to handle but I figured since I have "What It Is", serving as my mouthpiece, I might as well use it.

Ever since Ex began giving off the slow but sure-coming warning sign [see her reply to my comment], that soon all my kaya WILL BE thrown outside till this finalé [see comments exchange] (now that is a story for another day), AND in my bid to remain proactive on the whole shebang I started eyeing one program like that.

Within the past two weeks, I started dropping hints, and thought I'd switch gears by applying some lovey-dovey stuff. 1st phone call since I switched gears: "Hi boo.." ... and we spoke. Maybe she decided to ignore that usage? Hmmm, believing that the first attempt didn't hit it, I sent a text recently with "boo" in it also. Well, all these instances nothing was said up until our conversation yesterday:

"Boo": Hi
Me: Hey, watagwan? "Hi" sounds cold to me...
"Boo": *after long pause* R U interested in me?
Me: Like hell yeah, what do you think? What sorta question is that, btw?
"Boo": Did I in anyway make you angry, recently?
Me: Well, yeah, but that's no big deal, we've dealt with it and moved on, shey?
"Boo": OK...if you say so...but something has been bothering me and I want to talk about it...
Me: *haba, isn't it too early for this?* Uhh, well, let's hear it.
"Boo": Why did you call me a boo? I checked the dictionary and the definition of a boo means to shame somebody or to show disinterest in somebody. If you are interested in me, why would you call me a boo? I did not find it funny at all and I just thought I'd tell you
Me: *Trying to keep my "cool" and also keep myself from lmbfao on the phone. I thought as much, all those unreactions to my calling her "boo". This must be it...*
Aahhh...I'm sorry you got it all wrong. You are right about that dictionary definition, but you see, you cannot find most slangs defined in dictionaries, for a few exceptions and specialized types. "Boo" in the context I used it means "girlfriend", it is an endearment and I did not mean any insults at your person.
"Boo": *after a long silence...and in a pouty tone* I just told you o! I don't like it. But if you say so sha...If I don't like anything, I usually speak my mind
Me: No wahala...

Wahala de o! Isn't it too early for this? Ehn? Chai, so next time now when I go say sugar-pie, she fit talk say I want turn am to food wey I go chop! I gats to open my eyes next time o, make I know who I de talk to. But as this one is still fresh, I dunno whether to wear my slippers and gbe ja or my people:

What It Do?

Signed,

Yosh in BedLam

PS: Happy handover weekend, all!
But how can be happy when there's fuel shortage, ehn? See all the queues at the gas stations, it's not even funny. Plus transport cost has doubled just within these few days...Not only the fuel stations o, the Labor Congress is threatening to strike by next week, so I guess there's a connection between the strike and fuel scarcity, 'cos fuel-tankers (those trailers dem) are not supplying to the stations = scarcity. Even Children's Day weekend won't be fun. Which kain yeye holiday be this? Anyhoos peeps, enjoy it however u can...hopefully things will change before Tuesday! I go miss Obj, sha! *sniffles*

Now THAT...was totally random!

P.P.S: There's a frenzy with people trying to get rid of their old 5, 10, 20 and 50 Naira bills. It's so funny now when you whip it out, people would readily reject it...There should be a better way of exchanging these old bills for new ones, than just having people fear they are losing some money from having "old" currency...Naija sha

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, so whatsup with u and ex, i'm a bit lost o.
ehen, so that currency change thingy in naija is actually for real, i thot it was one of the rumours. I even heard nothing goes for less than N1000 now, as in its that bad. hey, what are they turnin everything into? God help us oh.

Ms. Catwalq said...

are u the Akwa Ibom dude?
U made the chick cry!!!
TSK! TSK!! TSK!!!

Admin UD said...

lmao at the 'BOO Imroglio'. Chei, well, dont blame her though. I blame da same system dat has seen correct English thrown to da dawgs. Nobody speaks correct English these days! Its either

'sup witchu all OR sturvs..LOL!

Naija tori na another matter for another day abegi!

יש (Yosh) said...

@Chicala: Yes o! D new bills have been in circulation since April. It's not true "nothing" goes for less than 1k now. It depends on what you wanna buy. If u wanna buy anything, say, SpearMint/Wrigleys Gum, u r spending close to #50 or #100. If u are/were a public cafeteria person, u cannot eat to your fill with anything less than #200 . Maybe #50 can buy u an extra piece of meat for your food. But yeah, it's that bad...(at least in Abuja).

But the thing is the Naira's purchase power is weak

As for me and Ex, just watch as the drama unfolds. But I'd say u choose to be on my side.

@Catwalq: I'm not the A-I dude o! I'm def. not up to his level, hence why I lost my XSN to him! *sobs*

@UD: Bros mi, I come forget on this instance say one man's meat is another man's poison o! I think say if I sweet-talk this okpeke say I de right on track.

Make u make sure say u treat those peeps for that guy to some Naija hospitality on handover day o! ;)

Simply Gorgeous said...

Yosh... I told u no worries...I am on the case now. I am glad that you are trying to reconcile things.

Ex- is no ordinary chick. So be careful not to treat her like a random girl.

I trust you know what I am referring to, ehh he... ok

@Ex- this your behavior isnow public blog record. I implore you to be nice to Yosh when he comes calling or else....

Ms. Catwalq said...

eayah.
do you think if we your blog family accompany u to her house with palm wine and palm oil (i am not too sure what else is taken) do u think she will relent?

? said...

@catwalk lol

@yosh, another interesting one again, let me go re-read

chidi said...

i dnt get it..i mean about you and the ex

יש (Yosh) said...

@Catwalq: Anything o, anything Catwalq that may help. As you can see, Simply Gorgeous is on top of this and we'd see an end to it! So stay tuned and any help rendered will be well appreciated.

*sighs* Love no easy sha! :P

? said...

Attitudes on the old currency - I dont blame them lol...i have hope

E no eazyyy @ all on the lovey dovey side

Ms. Catwalq said...

oya o. simply gorgeous , when r we going to go and beg ex for Yosh

Anu boy said...

lol @ the whole Boo thing, i had a friend that got upset, because u know when u buzz someone thats offline, and the person logs on to read her offline.. it shows ding abi.. so she checks the dictionary and she is upset at what she reads.......lol... lauf wan kill me ohhhh

יש (Yosh) said...

@Anu: Lmao @ "Ding"...ahahahaaha...if say u add bat for the end, that one na another tori!