July 5, 2007

Gift

If I knew you were going to leave that day, and in the conditions we parted, I'd have left you at home and gone out alone
It was unfair that our time together was cut short, but thinking about it, maybe it happened for good
You were my alter-ego, you knew just what s
ongs to sing, what pictures to show me to make me feel better, you had it all
Even when I was at odds with my relatives, those that are very close to me, you found a way closer to my heart
In the eyes of others, you don't look like you're worth it, but I appreciate every bit of u 'cos I knew what I did before I was able to get you
Now that you are gone, everything that belonged to you seems to bring about memories that make me nostalgic I rest, assured in the thought that I did not give you any reason to leave me that way
Providence obviously had a different plan for us altogether, a plan which I still find hard to accept But in all, I look out every day with hope, wishing you are happy where you are
No, not wanting you to stay there, but to come back to me, where you belong...I hope

Ode-esque to my Sansa - October 2006 to March, 2007

I lost my first mp3 player ever, in March 2007, it didn't even last up to 6 months with me, so sad! I'm usually very careful with things like that, so how this one slipped outta my hand beats me. I've settled to either of two things:

*One of those boys took it while I wasn't paying much attention, apparently I was too busy that weekend that I slacked on my paranoia

*It slipped off in the cab I last boarded. Ever since that day, I always check the cabs as I alight to make sure I don't have anything on the seats. I've come close to losing a phone that way, too. And most of the cab drivers can't give a shit less, they wouldn't holla at me if I'm mistakenly leaving something behind.

A week before this past Friday I was working feverishly at placing an order for a replacement mp3 player but for some odd reason the payment wouldn't be processed faster. I really don't believe in the "Every disappointment is a blessing" maxim; but this one happened to be so. I'd have been expecting the new one in the mail, without knowing I'd be getting one as a surprise soonest. And when I do, I'd be having two of them. Not that it could turn out a bad thing having two of them, but if I'd known earlier, I could channel the bucks into getting something else, like a camera. Actually, now that it's happened, I'd just use it to get a kewl camera.

So I got home and opened my box, not expecting the surprise I got, but I found in the bigger box, this docking station:



Then in the smaller box, I found this:


Excitement! It's so good to be back...

I was supposed to come with a different update, but the comments reminded me I haven't posted about my package from the weekend. So, as usual, BRB! :P

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

me i don dey settle down read love tori o..i come see sey na Mp3 u dey talk about!if i whooze ehn!Lol

LurLar said...

Hmmmmmm u got me there sha.....i was thinking(why she leave am na), dats good sha,u cherish ur things...

Porter deHarqourt said...

i actually thought someone died and 'went away' to Heaven.

Enjoy this one man...we never know how much we love them until we lose them.

Jaja said...

Ah Yosh... a new Ipod? Super cool…

I was beginning to think the ‘Gift’ was for a departed lover.
Talking about losing stuff….. Only last week, I dropped my wallet in a cab that took me home (bloody cabs!). I was hoping the man would come back, especially since we had a long, nice chat during the journey…

In the wallet was, my ID cards, Drivers license, ATM Cards, Complimentary card, an Unscratched MTN 1500(NGN) recharge card, Passport Photos, N4500.
Plus the wallet although worn held sentimental values….

Although it’s my birthday next week (11th July), I have received no gifts yet.)))

The strap of my Watch just had tear.

I wonder who I’ve offended.

As for the ABJ/PH thing… we need drink that beer...
Lets see who travels either way first

יש (Yosh) said...

@Jaja: OmG, man! Sorry about the loss. That is huge! I can't go out without carrying MY CARDS cos I dunno where/when I could be dire straits, so leaving some of these behind isn't an option. I guess I just have to be more careful.

Lol @ "I wonder who I offend"...u no offend anyone, my guy! Sometimes shit just happens simultaneously which in turn ignites the superstitious side of our personality! :)

Happy birthday in advance...We'll be in touch as time approaches. Be safe, man and thx for stoppin' by!

Ms. Catwalq said...

i am so jealous...
not about the person leaving u but about ur new Ipod.
am tired of having to rely on my laptop for music. hurts my shoulder

classybabe said...

Your boss really knows how to give gifts and it came at the right time

יש (Yosh) said...

@Catwalq: Hahahaha, my Sansa is the "person" leaving me o! :) But it actually appeared to be more like a gf, so it fit all the description given for it! :P Relish in the moment with what you have o! Some day, you'd miss that pressure on your shoulders ;)

Hope you enjoy your weekend

@Classybabe: So true on the gift's timing...couldn't be at any other time!

Fo said...

lmao...just showing some love...cheers
xoxo

Anonymous said...

lawwwwlu....u're so sad, in a nice way, though. Writing a poem for common walkman. when u should be reciting dat kain poem for me of all people. lol.

Anu boy said...

yosh man, ki lon pops... uhmm, nice, a 30gb or 80gb with the logic speakers/// thats so cool, abeg where u de work oh, na that kind oga i de find mehn

יש (Yosh) said...

@Wi-wi: awww, you know you deserve more than a poem! And u know what, you'd get "more" than that ;) :P

@A-B: Man, nothin de hapun jare! :D Thanks for stopping by! hehehehe, u can bet there's a fair share of workload to balance up d worth of that gift, so far! :D

Admin UD said...

Ooops, that was very nice, very nice. You totally got me going...naughty you :)

Ms. Catwalq said...

HELLO

Mr.Fineboy said...

lol, ur not serious o u this man! LOL

Anonymous said...

U never finish playing with your 1960 walkman? When u go update na?

Ms. Catwalq said...

yosh where r u?

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

Woo Hoo! Wow, I wish I could be near you when you aren't looking!

Unknown said...

Ahhhh, thats nice. So thats what was in ur present. Nice!

Ms. Catwalq said...

ok it is called an update. U need one.

An-Igbo-Dude said...

love na love
whether woman, mp3 or car
its good to love

lovely blog. i love the south park pics.awesome. my favorite tv programme. too bad its no longer on the air (on dstv at least)

Jobove - Reus said...

very good blog congratulations !!

regard from Catalonia - Spain
please visit blog http://telamamaria.blogspot.com
thank you

Ms. Catwalq said...

I am trying to get in touch with you, what do I do?