March 19, 2007

Werin de?

Mo da ran o!:

WHERE IS MY SANSA O! I'm so frigging pissed man, the sound of the keyboard as I type testifies to this. Since Friday, I've felt this vacuum since I last saw my beloved mp3 player. It has everything that'd wake me up from the bluest of days: Pics, songs of all srts... ALL THAT GOING LIKE THAT? GOD FORBID! That day was mad busy and I cannot even remember very well where I must've left it. I've created awareness of the missing Sansa at most of the spots I was on Friday and hopefully I can find it. IF NOT, I don't know what I'll do. But my current inu riro (tummy upsets) is enough to tell what is to come. Yes o, it's that serious! Please pray for the reunion of me and my Sansa.

Gripe:

So I have noticed that since the government released new #50, #20, #10 and #5 bills respectively, people have been sparing with spending them. Life WTF?! Why in hell was it produced if it isn't meant to be used? I had to wait for over 15mins over the weekend to pick up change from this woman 'cos she wouldn't give me the 4 pieces of new #20 bills she had on her. So she kept wandering about trying to find someone to help her. I was so furious cos I spotted it and asked her to give me from those ones, but she refused just because it's the new bills! Hmmph, some Nigerians sha!

:D:

I was talking to a girlfriend who was in the hospital this weekend. So she said she did a lot of scripture reading while in the hospital 'cos she felt "closer to God" in there. One of her observations? I quote her, "...God gets Bitchy in Isaiah. I couldn't believe it was the same God that Jesus talks about in the Gospels." Lol @ God gets bitchy! That really got me rolling! Just an honest look at it. If you do the same to most other parts of the Bible, esp. in the Hebrew Scriptures (O.T.), you wouldn't help but say, "HUH?!"

Mmmmm:

*Making a mental note, I've found two sweet names I want for my two girl children: Daphne and Zoe. Daphne has some Greek Mythology roots, but do I give a rip! My daughter wouldn't have some funny stories about her (I hope), so I don't think giving her that name would sorta influence her behavior. Some people think that way! Duh, a lot of us know some Nigerians named "Innocent" who are so "holy", don't we? Psheeww. Zoe, well, Zoe means life, 'nuff said. I kinda have a feening for Greek and Italian names.*

One of those:

I think I have discovered this friend who really sees through me and tries to make me see the true potential in me. She believes in me and what's more: wants us to be together. Hmmm, it isn't like I haven't known for some time, it just takes some kain events like this for you to open up and accept things as they are. Right now, I'm on this journey of discovering her. While a side of me wants to so badly open up, there's this part of me that's fighting a losing battle of curling away from her. My, everytime we talk, she says these things and I stand there grinning like an idiot, cos the words she say seem to be too good to be true. But I'm someone who find it hard to believe, and when I do, it's probably the good stuff. So I dunno, I'm still buying time, but I hope I don't bargain so much that i lose out on the deal in its entirety.

Weekend gist:

I leave in the 'burbs, so that means there's some sorta communal living. Just this weekend I saw this couple bashing each other in the open. The man is this inebriated, no good! He's like that. Unfortunately, a "man" like me and I should pro'ly be rooting for him 'cos women are behind all evil, NOT! As I learned from their son ( and yes spare me, sometimes I be amebo) who was outside almost crying his eyes out (na so o, man de cry), he told me he'd met his dad at this "joint" ealier in the morning (can u imagine that, the man wakes up to drinking in the early hours of the day) telling him how the house needs some money to make their meal. He acted like he din't hear and his response by the time he gets home at about the time I saw him (3pm) is to start punching the boy. Unfortunately for the boy, he's not the type to man up to his dad and kick his blokus then run off for days, so he stood there crying. His momma (the hustling-home maker type) runs to her son's defense, and the rest is what I saw for myself. Man lying on his back covered with so much sand, woman thumping him from on top. He was too weak from too much booze to fight her off self. Like one of my friends will say, damn shame. And when some kids turn degenerates, we ask what went wrong.

Pic of the day?:
I feel really embarrassed for him every time I see him, meehn. Maybe embarrassed shouldn't be the right word to use, but ho hum. See all those marks on his face. He'd have been this handsome stud like that (I'd bet he still is to his wife). I mean, the guy usually dresses to kill just like in this pic, fine suit and all, but his face, that face! :( Sha, I'd bet he's gotten used to it, just as his wife and fans would have.




Ze End:
Finally, welcome to blogger, Mr.Fineboy! I've been laughing out loud at his posts. It just comes naturally, the way he composes and all! Good to have you on this joint, man!
For the rest of us, have a good week!

20 comments:

Simply Gorgeous said...

Yosh, you know I always have to come first on your site.

Where do I begin? I am guilty of wanting to keep new notes also. I hate , I abhor dirty naira notes. They make me sneeze, I am convinced some people use it to clean yansh. Me no, no, no. My sister inlaw accuses me of being worse than a Fulani when it comes to new notes...


Your Daphne and Zoe issue..Please neither of those names, I hate this girl named Zoe. So please no..

Your friend I think you should go for it, she seems like she loves you, and is genuine, that is the best combo.

Seal- you almost made me lose my breakfast! all jokes aside, he has some skin disease that causes that particular scarring, who knows.

Woman beating Man- LoL! Irresponsible men need more than that.

I have said my peace...

Brilliantly Me said...

2 blogs?

Brilliantly Me said...

Oic...one is my actual blog/poetry dump and the other is about that stupid lemonade diet i tried that one time.

Anonymous said...

My guy, werin dey now!

sorry bout your mp3 and no mind the new #50, #20, #10 and #5 bills people. E go better.

Mr.Fineboy...all that money in one persons "hand"...makes me want to slap somebody.

Hope I’m in line to be Daphne or Zoe's godfather.

exschoolnerd said...

@lol..i used to do that before..saving them notes..but later i realised twas stupid..and started spending em...

daphne's a nice name and so is zoe...

Simply Gorgeous said...

Ex why are you supporting BJ and his madness. I do not like Daphne and Zoe so I came up with alternatives. What about Sarai= Sarah and , Dominique since you are into greek names which I find ugly what about Althea, Athenia, what do you think. Or you can do what everyone is doing here mixing boy and girl names. You have Jordan, Kendall, Michaela- so what do you think Yosh?

Brilliantly Me said...

Did you ever find your Sansa?

יש (Yosh) said...

@XSN: Thanks, jare! I knew those names weren't half as bad as I thought, or as *ahem*, SG's trynna make it look.

@SG: Sarai is Hebrew and I do not want any more Hebrew names, nor for the unborn o! Dominique, eeek. That's soooo, Orthodox! Kendall doesn't sound bad sha.

Yeah, I love most female Greek names, but it doesn't mean I love everything oozing from that angle. Kendall no bad sha...and Chantal <<--, gotta look where that's coming from! :)

@Ray: I'm pretending like my Sansa isn't missing o! I can't bring myself to believe I've lost my mp3 player. So unlike me, like someone used juju to take it from me, cos my memory from the last time i had it on Friday seems to be blurry. And I've asked peeps from all the places I've been but they say they saw nothing like that. I'm holding on sha...I wish I could cry but I haven't in years and I don't know how to do it, if I want to induce it. i'm still waiting and hoping that someone would surprise me, soon....

Simply Gorgeous said...

KENDALL IT IS THEN...

Waffarian said...

ehehheeh! which kain Zoe and Daphne???? abeg give them better names jare, solid ones, like Nneka or Nkechi heheheheheh, came over from exschoolnerd's blog, so you are delta Ibo? heheheheheh, oshimili, ogwashuku, agbor, where?`heheheheheheheh just had to show my knowledge! heheheh

exschoolnerd said...

sarai or dominique ko sarai or dominique ni....what about PATIENCE?..FELICIA...GIFT..SCHOLASTICA..those r nice names....dnt mind S.G...see her head like sarai and dominique.

Simply Gorgeous said...

Ex- so you have come to abuse me on Mr. Yosh's page abi, ok wait for me. Yosh, we have agreed on the name- do not play shakara now because of ex- she does not know - look at her after she has visited juju man she wants to come and talk. I am going to go and curse her out.

יש (Yosh) said...

@X and SG:

hahahaha, easy o, SG! X was just taking my stance that there's nothing wrong with my name choices!

And X, Felicia, Scholastica (lmao) and the rest all sound "odikwa riski riski-ish" :P

SG, yeah, we've both come to a consensus, so no shaking! ;)

exschoolnerd said...

@ S.G...which juju man, is it not the one you took me to?!?!?!?

the one were u go and offer one goat as monthly subscription so that he will make u fine...
take ur time oh!before i dsh u this koboko for back.

Simply Gorgeous said...

Yosh, I apologize for the current arena of war beteen me and ex is on your site unfortunately. But she has started ( poiting in ex's direction) so let me finish. ( Tying wrapper)


(turning to ex)See my face well-well. Which juju man I dey visit you must have mistaken me for your papa 's sister . I never fit step foot on juju man soil. As for the offering I thank God only he made me this way skin as soft as butter, complexion even , lips full so why you dey vex because I am gorgeous- na wow- o. Go and complain to prophet juju that the medicine he gave you did not work. Is it my fault? So you want use koboko, when soemone dey carry acid?Ok go and ask somebody what dey call me, you haven't started so let me finish. Nonsense- see this girl- I have finished.

Simply Gorgeous said...

Yosh all this stems from jealousy all because I have coe in first. Please no vex o....

יש (Yosh) said...

No wahala! :) I am hundred percent sure all this isn't happening on my page for nothing. I must earn some sorta royalty for hosting this momentous duel between the both of you. I accept card, checks and wires! Up with details, soon! :P

vindication through innocence said...

if my mp3 got missing i might have to shoot someone-dont worry. it may show up!!
money is what money does.Its sooo not about keeping it!!but on a real, I used to save fresh new pound coins!!lol!!not even notes.lol

יש (Yosh) said...

@VTI: Lol @ new pound coins. We get our different ratings.

Tomorrow is 2 weeks, and counting. I can't wait for a miracle to occur. I've been depressed, really. I just feel so helpless.

*runs away to cry*

Anonymous said...

Dude, how can u feel sorry for Seal. Money and better life don dey make difference in d man's life o. He's even cuter now than he was b4.