March 13, 2007

Brunch

I rushed out of home very pissed 'cos I couldn't settle down for my regular. After a very stressful morning, I thought I deserve to spoil myself a little. I spotted this joint, Ebun-Oluwa Restaurant, and decided to stop over. There are countless other names spotting the scene, all trying to get people come in to eat (Irawo Jesu; Adamawa Princess; Udoka; Nwanyi Anambra et al). You could see people of different backgrounds; Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba, Mullato, Lebanese and what have you all united with one goal. In this place, you'd better shove your shakara and decorum wherever you are coming from and enjoy your meal. The atmosphere was so friendly. One thing is common, everyone's either has pockets of sweat at the forehead or tip of the nose, collars carelessly loosened, handkerchief on one hand to manage the sweat and perhaps runny nose, the other hand used to molest ogunfe, round-about, kpomo, the works. No holds barred!

I settled down and ordered for amala ati obe efo-riro ati egwusi, kpelu eran ti oto bi eti Abiola. When the amala came, boy, was I impressed! So erotic, so smoof; the blackness was glistening ehn, I didn't know when my lips gave way and released a drip. Happy times!

What's with people fronting when they aren't at home? Just 'cos u cannot shout at your daughter/wife/househelp doesn't mean you have to come out of home to misbehave. Abi as they say, charity begins at home, so he pro'ly treats them that way? Some guy just thought he'd up his ego by barking demands and orders at the waitresses (<<<---- who by the way, could pass for your regular office secretary, if no be say na condition make crayfish bend, ehn, why'd they be keeping such jobs? Fine, fine girls). I almost got verbal with him but I was just too lazied up by my recent bout that I let it pass. You live to fight another day, shey? Maybe he won't be lucky next time and he'd meet his size.

The amount of tokunbo cars on the roads lately is almost unbelievable. Of every 5 cars that'd pass on the street, 2 to 3 will be a Rover 620 Si. Well, I wouldn't mind one for myself but then, Naija people sabi flood the market with all these things sha. Some years back it was the VolksWagen Golf, then came the Nissan Sunny and Toyota Corolla models, and now this. So much for blocking the borders...

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Brunch seems like it was delicious. Too bad some guys cant help but bark at the help whenever they are in public.

Simply Gorgeous said...

Mr. Yosh- you know how to make me very hungry. You have to make a list of all the list of these shops.

I hate men that behave crazy, you can tell what kind of person he is! BUSH MAN, abi?

So yosh I am coming there in about 3 months. I will enjoy rainy season, for real- I need a vacation I am stressed out!!

יש (Yosh) said...

@C-Gal: Yes o! I haven't had me amala in quite sometime, so I really savored every minute of the meal!

vindication through innocence said...

jokes-those cars are everywhere.And that man.I swear, if i was there i would just throw my eba on the guy men

Dami said...

kai! i can just seee the amala(mine with ewudu) chai i miss naija o!!

next time plz pour water on that dog barking orders put pepper for him eyes

BOBBY said...

Okay now i am hungry...see what you caused???

Brilliantly Me said...

mmmm....I miss amala

chidi said...

i have neva had amala b4, but i sure do miss some igbo foods. sometimes,i wish i can just fly back 2 naija, eat my heart out, den cum bac here

omohemi Benson said...

Amala ehen, my favorite meal.

In this place, you'd better shove your shakara and decorum wherever you are coming from and enjoy your meal. lol

The best places to get proper okele meals are those untushed canteens.