February 28, 2007

Awoof ...


People say awooof de run bele! Not with me o, not this type! I got me 8 books for the price of 6. 2 down, 6 more to go.


Judy Blume's "Wifey" - An adult novel. An adventurous housewife with a boring guy, but she's caught in between her love and doubts. In the end, they work it out. But in between, is whoa! A really good read.

Ed Gorman's "Everybody's Somebody's Fool" - I love mysteries. Who doesn't? Except boring people, I'd say. This one has sooooooo much satire and pun. High school friends at a reunion party, until a corpse was discovered around the host's premises. So much investigations, untold truths revealed and more. I finished it faster than I did "Wifey". Such a huge page turner till the last. And when I turned the last page, I thought there was more. I just couldn't believe the story ended there.

The other titles I'm yet to finish are:

* R. G. Austin's "The Castle of No Return" - I'm contemplating giving this to my niece who's almost teening. She'd like it. It's more like a 'make up your own ending' kinda book. From the first page till the last, you find yourself in different scenarios and you have to choose how you'd act in each, until you either get killed in the process or you rescue some hot damsel and you'll live happily ever after. I picked this one cos I was too giddy from the array of choices I had to make. Anyways, nothing spoil! I will make up my own ending before I get rid of it.

* Robert Asprin's "Thieves' World" - Just started it. But it's about some fictitious city called Sanctuary. The book has to do with this story of an event that took place in Sanctuary. Then 4-5 different guys made POV narratives. It's good reading an event's account from different sources. And not just ordinary sources, thieves and the like. I can't wait to grind through till the end.

* M. Night Shyamalan's "The Sixth Sense" - Based on the movie by the same title. I can't wait to read this. I haven't seen the movie, yet. So I thought I'd read up on it just to prepare my mind. Hopefully it's good.

* J. Bernhardt Hurwood's "The Invisbles" - The back cover and prologue made me pick it. The black and read color blend and this washed out body in the back cover increased my pulse. It has this eerie thing message, "You'd never be the same after reading this" kinda tone. So I wanna see that happen to me.

* Helen McInne's "The Salzburg Connection" - My kinda book - after mysteries, satire and much recently adult :P - Espionage and all that high expectancy. I can wager it'd be good. I won't say much on it until I figure it out myself.

* Jon Sharpe's "The Trailsman - Seven Wagons West" - You can tell this is Western from the title. On the cover, this guy had this very menacing-looking moustache. You know those dark, bushy types you find on Mehicans. I can tell there'd be a lotta gunnin' in this one, yesh!

That reminds me, I used to crave Lonestar adventure novels, you know, where the Indians battle off the Cowboys. I had a couple until some sneaky schmucks stole 'em all. I never valued books back then.

* Han Nolan's "Dancing on the Edge" - Another mystery. Murder and all that stuff. I can't wait either.

I don't really have much to share, but I found this quote by David Frost in my Marketing textbook hilarious:

There have been many definitions of hell, but for the English the best definition is that it is a place where the Germans are the police, the Swedish are the comedians, the Italians are the defense force, Frenchmen dig the roads, the Belgians are the pop singers, the Spanish run the railways, the Turks cook the food, the Irish are the waiters, the Greeks run the government and the common language is Dutch. -

hahahaha! Europe na wa!

AAAANND, some French bashing. You probably wouldn't appreciate this if you are unaware of European/French history. But I got a good laugh on them:

1. Q. How do you say "Give me liberty or give me death!" in French?

A. I give up.

2. Q. How many Frenchmen does it take to defend Paris?

A. Nobody knows. It's never been tried.

3. Q. What do you call 100,000 Frenchmen with their hands up?

A. The French Army.

4. Q. Why was the Chunnel built under the English Channel?

A. So the French government could to flee to London.

5. Q: Did you hear about the new French tanks?

A: They have 5 gears...4 in reverse, and one forward gear just in case they're attacked from behind! *lmao*

6. Q: Why don't they have fireworks at Euro Disney?

A: Because every time they shoot them off, the French try to surrender.

7. Q: Why do they have trees in Paris?

A: So the Germans can march in the shade instead of the sun

8. Q: Why is good to be French?

A: You can surrender at the beginning of the war, and US will win it for you.

9. Q: What is the first thing you are taught when joining the French army?

A: To say "I surrender" in German

10. Q: Why was Jesus not born in France?

A: Because they couldn’t find three wise men or a virgin.

11. Q: Did you hear about France's new weapons contracts?

A: They gave one to Ace Hardware to produce 250,000 wood sticks...they are still looking for a company to produce 250,000 little white flags.

12. Q: Where are the brave French soldiers buried?

A: There aren't any so they had to bury some of ours on their soil.

2 comments:

Simply Gorgeous said...

S Mr. Yosh. I am first!!! Let me do my dance of joy.. You should see me BJ I am going all the way down. Whew. I am finished.

You are so funny. I have read 2 books from your laundry list. Judy Blume Wifey, and Sixth sense I have seen the movie. Should I spoil the ending for You... hmmm... no I wouldn't do that.

BOBBY said...

You are such a nerd! lol!