February 19, 2007

Blogger

Pardon my manners, I'm supposed to formally introduce myself to those I met here, but I've gotten very comfortable already. Thanks guys! The previous post shouldn't have been the first but when I had the dream, it got to me wrongly so I thought I'd talk about it sharply.

Well, some stats:

1. This is a new blog for me, but I'm not new to the art of blogging in itself. I've been here starting from the later part of '05 and the whole of '06.

2. I realized there's some more flexibility on blogger than there, so I decided to move.

3. yada yada yapper.

So before I end this one, I just want to share my little experience this noon. Burger no go kill me o! I called up my cousin for a lunch date this noon at the nearest eatery around her workplace. I haven't seen her in 6 months, though we both live in the same city. Pathetic, you might say! Sha, they had this place called Big Bites and at the other farther side, Savannah Chum Chum. I subconsciously chose Chum Chum as I've never been in the premises before. I got there before her so as I wait, I decided to feed my eyes on what's on display and got busy ordering. Oh wait, the place was queerly 'dry', except for this guy who was munching indifferently at his meat pie, staring blankly at the loud TV nearby. The burger there looked like one I couldn't resist it: layers of minced meat, contending for view with the onions, lettuce, tomatoes, all neatly spaced and the dressing dripping like saliva...I've always loved burgers. I asked her to heat it up. "Ding" goes the microwave. I couldn't wait to pick up my change from the waitress as I hurried off to down this thing, PLUS my cousin was coming in and she'd have to order her stuff, also...I was hungry anyway. I ease myself into the thing and the taste was something I couldn't place. For the sake of information, I'd just say it was sour as vinegar. I felt like throwing up! The oh-so-fancy meat was sour and over a day old I can bet my kini on that. I was very disappointed. I didn't even see the whole picture. The lettuce hid the the whole lot of cabbage inside, which together with the meat gave the burger this kind of size that got me rolling in the first place.

On my way out, I couldn't help but return to the cashier to tell her what I went through. Of course she told me everything they had displayed was oven fresh. On close inspection, you could see that the whole menu has lost grace. I just was too hungry to take note. And all that glitters isn't gold-my cousin had told me it was forlorn but I din't listen.

Kai, my bele o...wait make I go s...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol.. heya.. e go better... but dang.. wat a godawful sandwich.. the things you'll eat when you're starving!

Simply Gorgeous said...

Yosh- sorry boo..I know how that feels to have something look great and taste like s@#*. Did you ever try going to eat at Amigo's? or Try eating the meat pie at Abuja Nicon it is real meat and tons of it. It is about N350. But it is so worth it. By the way, how is the weather in Abuja, I am suppoosed to be their very soon? Let me know bighead!

Anonymous said...

update now shio!!!