January 28, 2008

WHY?

Scene 1:

"This girl no know say I don marry? Which kain wahala be dis nau?"

That comment was what made me realize why this guy's been ending/silencing his calls as we drove most of the distance on our 9-hrs' trip. So you know you are married but you went ahead and got laid? Now she's coming back for more (or something else and he's complaining)

Scene 2:

"...I come wake for morning come see say the girl still de sleep. Na im I vex come de sing, "Oya make we go, oya, Oya day don break o! Oya come de go oya, oya day don break o!" When she wake she com de ask me why I de sing that song, say na one radio program like that she de hear am. I come tell am say the thing just enter my head this morning.

E get as the thing de do me for bodi wey I wake up for morning see say no b my wife de beside me..."


Now you know it's not the right picture waking up to someone else by your bed side in the morning, other than your wife, but I remember you still told me about plans you had the next day for another lay.


i. The two individuals above are married men
ii. I happen to work with both of them. They both don't share any basic background info other than that they both have male organs
iii. They both happen to have some mistresses somewhere
iv. They both have some sort of mock-penitence as they recounted details of their sexcapades, though this does not stop 'em from going back for more
v. Why do they continue doing what they do?

...I really dunno the answer to that question and I still can't get to fathom why people would get married in the first place and later go back out and play. Don't they know who their wives/husbands are before they got married, so that they could be prepared for whatever surprises might be 'lurking' in the shadows till they say "I do"? I think trying to find answers to this question would be a gargantuan task, like trying to understand the intrinsic nature of humankind.

I'm told I would not understand what is behind it yet till I 'get there'. But I really don't fancy the thought of me 'being there', in this light.

7 comments:

Ms. Catwalq said...

My dear, if we all understood why some people choose to hurt others all because they were only focused on their selfish needs, there would not be as many unhappy people in the world today....
Think of all the venereal diseases that he is in danger of contracting and spreading to his wife, that is if he hasn't already done so....

where have u been?

Brilliantly Me said...

I've thought of this question for a really long time and the only answer I've been able to come up with is that it's because of greed and lack of contentment.

Men can be such greedy individuals, and the poor ignorant women that love them...they're the ones I feel sorry for.

trae_z said...

maybe if i fall truly, madly, deeply in love...the sex, flow, beauty, attraction and adoration is right than I'll try all my best to be faithful.

but apart from that being polygamous by nature we (men) can't really be blamed for the dick being too much a substitute for the brain.

Anu boy said...

i reserve my comments, only God can help us...

Anonymous said...

thats a one million dollar question!wish we knew!i think many people get married because it is what society expects!a lot of them are not mature for marriage or a monogamous relationship but they jump into it anyway and then the result is infidelity!i really dont know

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

Na wa for people, oh. This whole infidelity thing is too complex for me. Love the one you are with. If you want am again, let am go. You cannot/should not have your cake and eat it too. All one can do is discourage people from cheating, but at the end of the day, if they are going to cheat on their spouse, they will. Then, they alone can bear the consequences. And, there are consequences.

LurLar said...

It has a whole lotta unexcusable explanation to it.Howdy?long time no blog