January 16, 2008

Ode

Even though the incident in question happened late last year, I thought I'd do my mind some good by doing this, so here goes.

Dedicated to all the victims of what is known as 'hit-and-run'

Hello

It is quite unfortunate we had to cross paths in this manner. From what I saw a few yards away where I stood gaping at your body, I knew I would gladly ogle at you while I await my burger in Tantalizers. 'What a thought!'...I know

But no, I had to be eyeing you in horror, in shocking disbelief for I couldn't bring myself to accept the reality of what has happened to you
I could not bring myself to look into your face that day because I would sleep differently henceforth

But something tells me, something beyond the physical says it's you I see in my dreams, in that state and I cannot do anything to help you
But why? I know I shouldn't say this because, technically I wasn't behind the wheels

One of the few people I confided in told me I am lucky, it could have been worse. That God was with me and just wanted me to be alive today to write this
I asked myself, 'Why wasn't God with you on that day, so you could live to recount that experience as a 'close call'? Where was God for you at that moment?

Were you ugly? Were you a sinner that deserved such a fate; to go like that? Or were you just a victim of freak circumstance?
Why didn't/couldn't you wait a little longer before you ran into the road? Your friend/sister made it across, but not in a state she envisioned

I could hear the anguish in her voice as she stopped to take in the scene that materialized before her eyes
I could hear the seared hearts, crying at the sheer injustice of it all.

You looked like it was your blooming years, the prime time of your youthful vigor
Your parents, say they are alive, how sad it would be for them looking down at the lifeless body of their daughter
Your siblings, your friends, your boyfriend(s)/lover(s)

I'm not good at this...This is all a puny effort to make sense of it all
I wish I wasn't there at the time
I wish the driver was on the slow lane, going like the pony express (even though. I'm sure I'd be itching for some road rage)

But now I know better
I wish I didn't have to learn this way

So many wishes
Right now, they are what they are, mere wishes...

However, I wish you get this and know how genuinely contrite I am from the whole incident
Rest in peace

2 comments:

Brilliantly Me said...

May her soul rest in peace

Anu boy said...

oh my... well God was there 4 her oh... May her soul rest in peace oh
easy bro