September 3, 2007

AUGUST

August

I'm gonna miss August, for its statistics and in memory. Duh, it's my birth month and this year, I discovered I know more "August-babies": well basically, new friends and people from the past that I had to reconnect more with at this time.

1. My most recent niece
2. One girl like that, from a project team
3. A friend from the past (Just reconnected)
4. A new friend, from another friend.

In August, it hit 6 years since grandma was buried. That year was my first visit to the hometown and it was fun. Grandma died some three months after that visit.

In August, a lot of things I won't bother going into happened that I'd categorize as crazy-random. August 2007 will remain in my infamy.

Gripe:

I can't find a draft to my intended post, so I'll just upload some random pics taken (not the best, just from a fuzzy night). There's some stories behind each incident, but I'm too pissed now to type 'em up:

Henney:



Suya (with all the fire, one would wonder if there'd be any charred meat left. Couldn't get closer cos of d smoke)



He-Goat (I dunno how old this animal is but it stinks up the whole place, beside this office I go in to work in Maitama).



Ijekuje (Random lunch)



Horny sketch



Area 11 (Beside Grand Mirage...Port Harcourt Cresc. By the way why is Ibiza and The Grand Mirage with all that goes with it have to be on "Port Harcourt" crescent? Do I see a trend here with Port Harcourt!? :) )



Why do people type "common" instead of "c'mon" or "come on"?

Why do people type "your" instead of "you're"?

Why do people type "quiet" instead of "quite"?

And these aren't just mistypes, they are like part of every day conversation!!!

I'd brb...

*seethes away*

22 comments:

LurLar said...

What was dat in d ijekuje pic? August is my bro's month too...so i can say it's kinda special too for me.August is d month i go to parties most.....lol.Nice post.

Ms. Catwalq said...

smooch...
awww why r u down sweetie?
well, august is u-and-I month too...incase u didn't know....

drinker...*sigh*, we are going to have to work on that

Suya...yessssssss, please

Ijekuje...what is that?

He goat...what's his number, let me hook him up with Lady

"C'mon", "you're" entitled to whatever you like. I promise I won't be "quiet"

Sam Oracle said...

A lot things happen in august. It's a time of celebration for igbo women they travel to their various villages for august meetings.

Itz a great month, but i think we have to face september.

That is one hell of a goat

Admin UD said...

wat was that you had for lunch, looks like toast slapped with hot chocolate.

Well, ever heard what they say about gettn used to stuffs it becomes part of everyday life (abut da mispellings)

Sam Oracle said...

Yosh, i stay at new haven and GRA

Manda said...

wat's up wit u n Oracle exchanging addy's? i think the mistyping goes wit d abbreviations. Sometimes it could be nasty, was half way thru a test sometime back when i noticed i was abbreviating almost all my words! Glad i realised it ontime. so wat's in da ijekuje? icing suger on bread or wat?

exschoolnerd said...

lol at horny sketch!!!

does it get that bad?

Jaja said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaja said...

I m a perpertrator.. of SOME of those mispellings..

'You are'.. became ..'you 're'.. to you 'r and then simply 'your'... you se how it goes??

Besides, what to do when u are typing those sharp-sharp SMS

This Abuja sef... I shld pay a visit.. wetin Virgin Nigeria dey charge ? LOL

Brilliantly Me said...

For some reason I find the goat to be extremely funny!

יש (Yosh) said...

@ALL: Ijekuje is bread with a mix of margarine, jam and chocolate spread! Nummy...

And I'm all for the informal use of "yr", "ur", but not when it's used in formal discussions

Catty: Lol! I can't imagine the smell when it's getting busy with Lady! :D

XSN: Lol! What do u think?

Rayo: It sure looks funny. I couldn't capture the view of it I'd wanted.

Jaja: Dis town de wait u o! And save some of those flight cash, enter Eagle Line or King Koko come. U'd not regret it and u'd get here in record time. 'sides, u'd have enuff to wine & dine with! :)

Manda said...

I meant the elder son was a looker n i would have rather picked hgim to his father.(as per date him). Yea, i am from Asaba in Delta state. Now dont tell me u're comign on tour there.

Manda said...

Awwww, my broda from Ogwashi - Ukwu. Kedu? i know dat's not how u guys say it though.lol


Glad to know i got a bro at my back here.

badderchic said...

the he-goat reminds me of my lesson teacher when i was in school. lol

Ms. Catwalq said...

eugh....about the he-goat.
oya, abeg, new post.
Have short attention span

Femme said...

i always type common and wonder wats wrong with it but never quiet put my finger on it.
did i spell quiet right?
quiet
queit
quite.

Ms. Catwalq said...

update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

Eeya, Happy birthday in arrears! Enuff ranting!

Anonymous said...

My life, Yosh....what's dat ijekuje thing??? Now i remember why i've never come close to u.

An-Igbo-Dude said...

my elder bros month is august too

pass me the hennessy..
say what
pass me the hennessy
say what
pass me the hennessy

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

Happy belated and that ijekuje you posted...what is that?????

יש (Yosh) said...

Wi-wi & SolosDelle:

"Ijekuje is bread with a mix of margarine, jam and chocolate spread! Nummy..."

:D

thx ALL for stoppin by!