June 25, 2007

7 Things you don’t know About Me...UNTIL NOW

I've been trying to dodge all these type of stuff for a long time now, but Jaja got me at a time when I had some spare time.

1. Every time I look at the number plates on cars, I try to do some number sorting with what I see: Ascending to descending, vice-versa. It happens almost every time

2. If I'm going to be using a computer for more than a week, I tend to change the basic settings: Windows theme (Usually Windows Classic with some color scheme; I hate all those darned graphics that eat up "memory"), desktop background; install Mozilla Firefox x.x or Apple's Safari BEFORE I settle down to use.

3. If I get a new book, I like opening it up and smelling it, it's odd, but I do. Sometimes, I do it to the food I'd be eating, too. Mom's scolded me countless times over this, but I almost can't stop. I usually do it when no one is looking.

4. I talk to myself when I'm alone. I basically rehearse scenes or create new scenes. Like what I'd do if I find myself in "A" situation, how I'd react, what I'd say and stuff.
Usually, you see me smiling and you'd think I'm losing it. I just probably remembered a past incident either a physical encounter or some interesting part in a book I read, or movie I saw.

5. You almost always find sweets, gum or some snack in my bag. Open any carry-on I usually go about with and you could just be doing a lucky dip!

6. I'm used to stocking toiletries and stationeries et al. I worry that someday, I might run out of money and I wouldn't be able to afford these things I'm used to, the bare necessities OR that the "system" will collapse, there wouldn't be these things available and it'd be only a matter of time before my stock runs out and then we start eating ourselves.

7. I'm an impulsive buyer. If it catches my eyes AND I've got the means - bam, I go for it!!! Very risky, esp. when I carry these debit cards and ATMs at almost every corner in this town. Thank God say I never upgrade to credit card level, it'd be another story.

One jara no de kill...

8. This is more recent; I find it hard to turn away from book deals and it almost always happens that my type of books are available at those places, so I end buying a lot of them. I have close to 10 I've yet to read and I know very soon, I'll finish the rest of them.

STRIKE:

Thank God the strike is over. I knew by Friday things would be back to "normal" latest before Monday (today). People were already tired of the whole thing self. The govt agreed to return the VAT from 10 to 5%, some more indigenous share in the refinery sales stakes (wateva that'd help with), #70 per liter for petrol (the price for petrol they say would not be reviewed for the next 12 months, so after 12 months of holiday, we should expect anything) and then price per liter for Kerosene and diesel will return to what it formerly was. I wouldn't say Labor got a fair deal, but what can one do?! This martial state we find ourselves in in Naija, na God go save us. The "leaders" know they can just squeeze the masses, and when Labor cries foul, they could always reach a settlement, with the rest of the population accepting their fate, no massive protest. Under those circumstances, Nigerians would scream from their living-/bedrooms, with remote control in their hands over how the government is run. No one wants to die for any kind yeye cause. I wouldn't be the first to get slugs out of my body, sha and that's where the problem lies.

I won't go over this, now...gotta get back on the grind. BRB, guys! And y'all have a good week ahead!

17 comments:

Anu boy said...

uhmm.... strange and weird is all i can say....

fuck the nigerian government... to hell with all of them

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

Lol... the only things I buy compulsively are books and CD's... the meme was fun to read though!

classybabe said...

I have started carrying gums or sweets in any bag i carry now,after my "cough" incident on the train.lol

Simply Gorgeous said...

Yosh, feel you on # 5 and #7. I am a candy addict I can't help it. As for the talking to yourself are you sure youa re not loco? seriously....

Ms. Catwalq said...

Oh My God, I am a number 4.
Men, can we be "friends"?
Me too i only spend on cds and books. just bougth the soundtrack to the bollywood hit Bas Ek Pal and the book "pledged" by alexandra robbins

יש (Yosh) said...

@ClassyBabe: Care to shed more light on this "train incident" that made u carry sweets & gums about? Can't find the connection as it is... :P

@CatWalq: :) We can be "friends", of course! I mean, haven't we been? :-/ Btw, if you are a #4, we could play some mind reading games! :P Now how about THAT! :D

TMinx said...

Lol, I smell food and books too.

classybabe said...

@Yosh,the dry cough that wanted to disgrace me on the train.The sweets/gum should help in decreasing the dryness now abi

Afolabi said...

can relate to some of the things about u, nice blog

Simply Gorgeous said...

Ah-ah are you flirting with catwalq- be careful o, before exsees you. After all my attempts at reconciliation.

BlogVille Idol said...

hey pple,blogville idol is finally coming to an end...we have two contestants left and they have sung their songs,pls go to out page and listen to them via our voice player and vote for them on d vote poll..pls leave us a comment too...tank u for ur support thru out the contest

Jaja said...

Hey Yosh.. thax for your willing response to my tag... quite insightful...

we are together on #4 & 7...

Whats up in ABJ...?

יש (Yosh) said...

@Afo: Thanks for stopping by, man! At least you don't think I'm a loco, like someone... *rolls eyes*

@SG: Ex stamped my book o! She's got a stud who rocks her boat now and i'm still hanging on to my lifeguard...

Nothing wrong with these innocent thingies o! Unless u see more than meets the eyes... :-/

@Jaja: Good stuff, man! Abj de wait u o! Just living it up at the moment...So much inflation, but wetin man go do!?

When was d last time u came here? Either ways, we suppose meet when either of us get anywhere around PH or Abj, whichever happens first.

Safe man, and enjoy your weekend...

Anonymous said...

hmmm...u're a strange man indeed. So, u're one of those meterosexual men who carry manbags around too. I always have trebor in my bag. I've been doing it for odun gangan ran.

LurLar said...

LOL....i talk to myself too. Why? i dunno.

vindication through innocence said...

my love. its been sooo long since ive been here o!!!but ahhh ahhh!!your life has been happeneing!!!
these your 7things are quite funny!!!
when i was in year 4(class 4) i used to love being asked to go to the stock room to go and collect paper from the paper cupboard!!!the smelll!!!!even now i trip for anything that has that papery smell!!

impulsive buyer- welcome to the club man!!as in

and ooooohhhhh- talking to myself- its like the maddest hobby- i create situations-i over analyse situations and i always do the what if thing- if x says this, ill say that...are you sure we werent separated at birth??

יש (Yosh) said...

@Wienna: Lol @ "odun gangan ran"...so I'm not alone, after all...


@VTI: HAHAHAHA, u seem to have more points! *wink*, ppl like us rawk, jare! :D