April 23, 2007

So Far, So Good...

Another election weekend passed, starting on Friday. Counting down till May 29th when they'd handover and we can breathe normalcy in Naija again. I'm getting fed up with all the hype. Needless to say, I had to take the time off again to recuperate 'cos they be killin me on le job. Sometimes I just feel like I should hide stuff I know from people and have them "leave me be". But what other way is there to hone my skills and prove that I'm capable? If it could happen, I'd have myself torn in parts, a part of me problem-solving here and the other elsewhere, just like that. Maybe it's part of the growing up phase and gathering experience, but I swear it's not funny.

So I felt sick from Thursday and was just counting down till close of work that day. Friday morning got an unexpected call from my telepathy partner all the way from yonder. It felt so good sha 'cos it must've been like something was felt and the call was made. Nice way to start that day. But hey, little did I know the weekend was gonna be busy. I practically owned the kitchen all weekend cos momsie and popsie's fever went up a notch. Again everything fell back on me 'cos no one else would tend to that.

Starting Saturday lasting all through Sunday, I did ALL the cooking, except for when one of my homeboys came around on Sunday and I coerced him to squeeze the bitter-leaf for me - I handled everything else. It just was an opportunity to prove my worth to the parents because they probably believe I've lost it and they keep singing it, especially mom who'd readily draw a contrast with how things used to be back in '01. Not just by helping out around the home, but also in the religious side and how "serious" I was back then. Oh yes, mom, I was in high school back then and had most of the time to help around then. Also, there were no distractions back then 'cos I looked up to you guys to feed, clothe and guide me. Not anymore. I'm all grown up now and you've got to start getting used to these changes. I don't blame them though. You can only be parents once...you learn while you are on the job. So watching those nude kids grow into adults who call the shots usually doesn't settle well, esp. when they see those "shots" from a different angle.

Like some would say, "Holy Spirit ministered to me" this past weekend 'cos it was a different me. Washing, cooking and cleaning, without complaints. Before it was just one of the three, or none. And when mom would complain, I'd shrug it off, and it stung more. Well, I felt obliged though cos I wouldn't probably be able to do that for them any more, at some point. Just reading CalabarGal's retrospective posts on mom and dad knocked some sense into me. So while I try to steer my life, I'd try to draw a balance with also being there for them while I still have them, now.

I got some accolades and blessings from mom for a "job-well-done" and taking care of them. That was more fulfilling! At least a difference from the usual "talking-tos" that has been the norm for as far back as I can remember. And dad also had something to say. Actually, it was a good time to show them I still love them and always will, esp. remembering the most recent altercation which made the man cry. Yes, Yosh actually made dad cry and it's almost surprising how words can hurt. It hit the wrong joint and I really didn't anticipate such reaction from him, though at a much later time.

Bottom-line - I can be rustic when I have to be and I've got nothing but love goin' on under the façade of indifference that's more obvious.

In the midst of all the buzz over the weekend, I was able to finish a Western, one from the Trailsman series (Silver Fever). This cowboy with raging hormones, heads an expedition and beds about every woman in the group, even the "Reverend's" wife. Well, it has a lot of twist, cos in the end the Reverend's wife turned out to be the mole that had set up so much impediments that almost brought the whole expedition to a halt, all in an effort to eliminate the experienced trailsman from leading the group. If she'd succeeded, she'd split the loot with these other guys and every other member of the party would go at a loss. So much action, and mind-blowing dangers to overcome in there...the whole thing ended with having to battle these Sioux Indians after they'd reached the silver mine. Everyone else in the group died, except the Trailsman and this lady who from the outset was stubborn but came around eventually. The Trailsman didn't settle down to blow the fortune with her as I'd expected. He had unfinished business from his past life and had to move on, leaving his own share of the fortune with his aide and accomplice's widowed sister. His aide died in the battle with the Sioux. Quite a good book! I'm expecting another get-6 for the price of 5-deal later on this week and I'll post the books I got from this one.

Someone's slipping off the blogging, and some other people's blogs are getting quiet, just when I'm getting all comfy...just like it began happening on Xanguh. I'm not naming names sha. Talk about not reading OWNB's inside-out posts and the resultant comments. Well, I'd want to take the "blog might resurrect" side, against "complete timeout/self-destruct". And as for those who are quiet, at least for now, it's pro'ly understandable, busy schedules and all. We all can't be winners at the same time. So I'd take a chill pill on that.
Happy Spring-Summer leave to VTI. But darn, 1 month +! You should try to drop a sentence or two in between, at least somewhere in between those times. I hope you have a good one, till you get back.

Wienna, where are you? SG no pursue my potential kini o! 'nuff said! :D

15 comments:

Simply Gorgeous said...

Yosh, I have read your blog. I am glad you are being a good son. I am always first on your site Yosh, so what is my prize?

I want to go to the children zoo in Abuja. I know I am a big softie...I am counting down... are you counting down with me?Thank God British airways has dropped their price for airfare...


Please don't say I have scared Wienna off... I didn't o- well not intentionally.Wienna if you are out there come back before Yosh gives me a bad name...

יש (Yosh) said...

@SG: I know o! Like I'm thinking hard on what your prize will be. We shall see, soon.... ;)

Children's zoo is an ok spot, serene and at this time, green and graceful. I'm surely counting down with you o! 2 and some to go... :)

Anonymous said...

Now, dat's d type of man i want for a hubby. A type of man who adores and cares for his parents and most of all, a man who CAN cook. So, baby boo....when can we go for our first date? lol

Simply Gorgeous said...

Wienna, glad to have you back... o...

and I have told you no dates with hime . He is married to ex.

Yosh don't let ex get wind of what is going on here...

I am not saying one more word...( silent for sec)


EX...ex... EX- school nerd- where are you - o! Come and see what is going on...

יש (Yosh) said...

@Wienna: Emmm, what has parents-child rltnship gotta do with us? Hmmm? But yeah, I can cook for us, breakfast in bed, footrubs etc! se'ori, moti'n mura o! ;)

@SG: emmm, SG, see Ex has been showing some sorta disinterest in the going-ons with me, esp. "in that angle", so what's a man to do, hmm? I'm open to negotiations

*clears throat and follows Wienna to the side with cup of frappuchino*

Anonymous said...

Yeah baby boo...come give it to me on our king-size bed with well-ironed white sheets. Where's dat aromatherapy massage oil?

יש (Yosh) said...

@Wienna: Ah! I almost forgot the aromatic, querida...Will place an order for it and it should arrive before the king-size tub gets delivered. Had to do a complete overhaul of the bath system in preparation...

Anonymous said...

Thanks boo. waiting...lol

Simply Gorgeous said...

You and Wienna need to get a room! Why are you airing your horny hedonistic acts on a public website...

Please donotinsult my virgin eyes and virgin ears with your lustful desires...

Ex is still your wife so you are definitely cheating...

chidi said...

nice post

exschoolnerd said...

Haba yosh me showing some disinterest...

okay will u marry me?

so u'll do all the cooking and cleaning..plus ur not bad to look at...lol...

@Simply...na u marry me and Yosh together..Gbefila of Blovgville.

exschoolnerd said...

and who's this Ms. wienna tryna encroach on my territory...woman take ur time oh...

yosh its like u should openly declare who ur love is for so all this will stop..

Simply Gorgeous said...

Yosh didn't I tell you that Iwould bring ex here- she has come... Wienna move aside Ex isclaiming her man.... she is interested o...

@Ex- just call me Dr. "Love" (smile)/.....

Ms. Catwalq said...

You can cook?
That earns you ten Catwalq points. Precious darling.
Keep up the good work. Ur parents love u and are proud of u. they say it when u are not there

יש (Yosh) said...

@SG: *sighs* "..horny hedonistic acts on a public...virgineyes..."
Na wa o! We actually tried to reduce the steam, but it turned out to be difficult to do, I beg your pardon sha! :D

@Ex: Now you are here, it almost turned out too late. But the deed is done...What you ask for is difficult, but you know a side of me is still yours...