April 30, 2007

BRB

I wasn't notified about this training organized for support staff at work until Monday evening. It starts on Tuesday and it well, is mandatory I attend cos $$$s have already gone into it. Perfunctorily, I went in on Tuesday morning and found this hall full with other participants...No, I didn't have time to prepare my mind for what was coming, but I thought it's time I try one of my Human Relations 101 skills. It was a hall of diversity, mainly from other African countries. For some odd reason, some of them didn't look too friendly and I couldn't help not giving a damn about them. Three Guineans who spoke French amongst themselves, usually sitting huddled together, an Indian-Pakistani looking guy...his pants were so tight that he resembles a stick man. He looked more like a hacker to me 'cos he really knew stuff. Then there's this raucous Arab fellow in the class...his first name is Jihad. He knows a lot and doesn't hesitate letting all around him know this. Everywhere there's some sorta discussion, argument, you find him, his voice of higher pitch than everyone else, gesturing with all of his torso. Getting close enough especially during lunch and networking time, I could hear him use the word "bloody" in 2 of every 5 sentence he makes. He was fun to watch though, even though he appeared hot blooded. Then we had our Nigerians who were present, they tend to show off their backgrounds, they know better than everyone else and you can't be them. Humph! In all sha, I met some people like me of humble beginnings and we had a jolly good time in between all that.

*Count four columns from the right and you'd see Mr. Jihad
*Right in front, you'd see Mr.tightpants-Stickman

The training got boring in between and I wished I wasn't even there, esp. when it got difficult and I had a hard time following with all the complex information. Who even sent me in there self? *mshew* Good thing is, though, I picked enough that I will love to perfect on and if I have to work with someone more savvy than I am, which would most likely be the case, we can synergize our efforts, and give good result. I'm counting on that.

Not to forget is the plenty of food available. Indian kini kan rice, baked vegetables and all those orishirishi intercontinental dishes...I helped myself handsomely, 'cos I knew I wouldn't have the time to do it like I did due to the high cost and time involved with settling such on the table. It wasn't bad after all....

I spent the night with one of my good home boys sometime in the week 'cos I couldn't hit home that day 'cos it was late already and it threatened raining. It was fun, watched SouthPark, played pool and all. By the way, SouthPark rocks!

I just thought I'd let y'all know i'm doing good. Will come back with gist about my mischief and some other things I did on my trip.

5 comments:

Simply Gorgeous said...

I am seriously on a roll Yosh... You have to come up with a good prize... Damn' it is like I have telepathy or something... let me go and read your post and come back...

Simply Gorgeous said...

Oh Yosh, I am back.. sorry about your boring training session. But atleast you had some free entertainment courtesy of JIHAD and the Nigerian boasters...

Oh and your free food...

Please there is no choice between Wienna and Ex.. Ex has staked her claim- and yes I am her mouthpiece when she is not around. I will not see injustice and sit around idlely.. No I will not. ..

Just call me Justice Gorgeous Liberator of All..

No you want to play shakara, abi?

You have seen Ex have you seen Wienna?

Isn't this this the same Wienna that I had to convince you that was not a man? Be careful o..

Be careful...

יש (Yosh) said...

SG, don't worry, I'd give u a "tweaked" prize, just something that tickles my fancy. And you shouldn't be disappointed...

You have a point there on Wienna's status, but you see, Ex is almost making herself an Ex. Why aren't you talking about all those days she's left me "joyless", not paying attention to my needs? I understand where you are coming from, but try and see it from my angle 2...

Ms. Catwalq said...

pele on the drab conference. I am advocating for training to be included for facilitators on how to make things interesting at work cos they really suck the bottom out of a day
About the EX: am quite lost
Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Anonymous said...

eyaaaa, pele oko mi....it must've been a very dreary day indeed. And why r u doubting our loff?
SG, pls leave matter for me and ex-nerd. Don't take sides abeg.