October 18, 2007

TRIP

Trip

So I had to travel for a friend's dad's burial in Sobe in Owan-East (abi is it West) LGA of Edo State, Nigeria....West Africa! It was quite the trip! I grew travel sick sha 'cos of the roads. The stretch of road once you pass Lokoja up till most of Akure is a death trap. On some other subject sha, this road trip experience and "Waltzing in Pain" will make me re-think making further road trips, even though I have a passion for them. As much as I can help it, I will have to save up and take my chances with the lightning bolts, virulent invisible demons and stray birds in the atmosphere.

I took a couple shots the way, mostly of jaw-dropping holes on the road, but to my chagrin, the pictures were missing, safe for a few. The few I have are also wack! But I'll put them up anyways, with short stories about them.

Preps

Before the burial later in the evening, we took a walk in the quiet town. Good enough, the roads are tarred but as my friend told me, the people are evil. Uh, my friend was worried himself. So much mystery surrounding his dad's death, so he feels we aren't safe from the 'evil people'. Eiiii, I don die o! Anyways, precautions will be taken e.g. eat outside and away from familiar territory, don't accept edible 'offers' from even 'family' let alone strangers, don't get too friendly, and countless other stuff. Needless to say, my body shrank as I switched from already paranoid to super-paranoid-mode.

What do I know? Well, I found the entrance to a shrine and the accompanying sign. I fired off and was warned not to attract attention. Hmmm, mogbe o! Anyway, I have the image below as a consolation prize.


*Ogun Shrine (Why'd I wanna call there FOR MY SICKNESS, PROBLEM ETC?)

Mission altered...(proceed with 'caution')

After the burial, we had to ransack the dead man's room. I found myself a solid "IMI Timberwolf" with some mercenary's mask (this will come in handy for the rest of my stay). I donned it and took a pose with it.


*Me sporting my weapon

To continue our clandestine activities and operate with maximum precaution with our secrecy maintained, I had to don the mercenary mask for some grub at an 'undisclosed location'.


*Grubbing

During one of our raids, we uncovered a lot of weapons cache and we were able to recover one of the computers being used for communications. Pictures of our weapons We've been able to intercept a lot of enemy communication and as I type this, we have stealthily routed all communications to a third-party field office where details such as source and destination enemy camps will be eventually unscrambled and further 'missions' will be carried out. These is are missions I cannot disclose again, because of their sensitivity.



*Specimen of impounded computer

I left Sobe with so much dread, in expectation of the poor road conditions en route back to Abuja. Still, we needed to keep an eye on the road for 'the enemy'. I lost a very important shot which still pains me. Anyway, it's about this very huge trailer that ran off the road into a roadside building. Roughly 20 lives were lost. It's so unfortunate! Two cars were squeezed underneath, bashed beyond recognition. Saw some bloodstains on the road.

The accident caused serious traffic congestion on Lokoja-Abuja 'freeway'.


*Traffic on 'freeway'


*Overloaded bus in traffic

We gave one of the goons a hot pursuit. He didn't know we've caught up with him, so he took some time taking a piss while we caught up with him and arrested him.


*Goon


*The mercenaries


*Ze End!

21 comments:

Lighty 'neferet' Kopearl said...

i saw ur prints on my blog. thx 4 stopping by luv. coming right back to read.

exschoolnerd said...

u r a craze boy...didnt know u were ds warped..whats with the yeye mask..

ps: i sorta did some picture blogging too on my blog...holla sweets!!!

LurLar said...

lol....am craving for those kinda of road side grubbing.

Anonymous said...

Road side trips break my back. I love the idea of them till anyway.

12-16 Nov..
ABJ for the law school calll to bar.. hopefully...

Jaja

I broke bounds from camp :)

cally-waffybabe said...

LMAO at 007 abi spy agent Yosh. Abeg i can't even laugh again. And please take off your mask...for me...PLEEZE??? You know where i'd be waiting...

יש (Yosh) said...

Lighty: Sure :) Welcome and thx for leaving some prints here, too!

XSN: I'd be right over...I also have "The Mask" o! :)

Lurlar: Lol, u do? I have eyes for safe ones! So I know where I enter, not just anyone! :D

anon-Jaja: hahahaha, r u wary of typing your username & password @ public areas? I feel u, man, I feel u!

I beg gimme yr # on Yahoo! I've sent u some offlines, but u r yet to add me up. Oh, don't bother, i know wat to do!

be safe, man! :D

CWB : 001, hon, 001! :D And sure, see u yonder!

Ms. Catwalq said...

1. You really need to eat sweetie...

2. That gun is the type that after you have shot, you need to wait until the smoke has cleared to see if the target was hit

3. the road issue: *sigh* I am sorry dearie. I have no solution for you at this time.

4. Buka Food: na u biko

5. Goon: lol

6. Kisses and talk to you later

badderchic said...

you don crase o! i be back like d terminator

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

Thank God your travels were smooth and that you got home safe.

There is always paranoia whenever people are buried in Nija. There is always the concern that someone was 'killed'. It always make you incapable of enjoying yourself hen you must always be on the lookout.

NigeriaPolitricks.com said...

hillarious post...lawl!

Anonymous said...

Why did u blur your face, when we've seen it already b4?

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

The bobo don shy....

Fo said...

how u??not been here in a while...how was ur trip....meanwhile wan invite u to ma blog so send me ur email pls on fatimsani@yahoo.co.uk
-.-

badderchic said...

ehen, dont you think its about time you updated?

Anu boy said...

Mr Yosh, its been a while, how it do, good that does evil peeps did not get to you guys oh, i dread them villages and all, all d stories i have heard.. kaii... anyhow mehn, God de our side... hope you had fun on your Road Trip

יש (Yosh) said...

Lagbajess: I eat oO! Ppl say it's waiting to 'show'. I'm not holding my breath!

Lol @ gun description! NOT afta i 'grease' it. :D

SSydelle: So true, about the paranoia. I was advised staying around 'old aunts' during grandma's burial. Me I no send sha...like 'shursh' ppl talk, 'I'm too defended to be a victim'

Wi-wi: Dat first pic is one-sided o! What if d right-side of my face is 'all gone', eh? And my mask is meant for the 'mission' in question. :) Where u been?

Fatou: Will do! Long time o!

Badachic: Not until u finish that gist! :D

Anu: bobs, u don return!? Will be @ yr joint soon.

Anu boy said...

Mr Yosh... who are you go Gunners with? wrong dude, do i smell like one... UNITED my guy

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

Haba, Yosh, no update???

badderchic said...

this guy, you are still waiting for continuation? oya update and me too go come update.

Ms. Catwalq said...

oya where the update?

Chxta said...

Oi. Where're you?